Norway wants to give Finland a Mountain Peak

When has a country voluntarily given another country a piece of its territory?  Well, now, not never.

I am mostly Norwegian, and certainly is a large part of my kids and grandkids.  Well, I'm proud of my heritage today.  One problem Finland has is that most of the one mountain in their country is in Norway.  Well, Norway wants to give that mountain to Finland as a 100th birthday present.
A group of Norwegians has launched a campaign to shift their country's border by 200 metres to bring the peak of the Halti mountain into Finnish territory as a gift to their mountain-deprived neighbour for the 100th anniversary of its independence.
I'm all for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaska Crushes Record For Hottest December

The World My Grandchildren Will Inherit